Exciting opportunity for a legal administrator to join our highly regarded West London office
We are a small firm with big plans. Currently a team of ten based in Ealing, we focus on Residential, Commercial Property and Property Litigation. Our clients are high net worth individuals, banks, SMEs, architects, and developers. We pride ourselves on the quality and efficiency of the work which we provide to clients. Every team member is committed to high-levels of client service. We like to go above and beyond expectations to ensure that clients return to us and recommend us to others.
In terms of our growth plans, our newly implemented strategy will see the firm grow and diversify over the medium term. This is a very exciting time to be joining the firm and the expansion plans have given rise to this administrative support vacancy.
The Role – Legal Administrator
You will be a self-starter with a positive attitude. You will be able to handle a broad and diverse range of work with little, or no support. Your day will be full and it will be varied. You will need to provide a very high standard of work to your colleagues and possess a strong client service ethic enabling you to interact with all types of clients. This role is most suited to someone who has worked previously in a law firm setting and ideally with experience of Property law. You will be supporting the whole firm.
Due to the nature of the work, this role will be office based in our Ealing office. The hours are from 9:30am to 5:30pm with an hour for lunch, but we can consider some flexibility, as far as that is possible within the remit of the role, for the right candidate; however you will need to be in the office for the core hours of business each day.
This role could suit a returner and support will be given to the right candidate to get back/up to speed.
• File opening, know your client checks and issuing client care letters
• File closing to accord with the firm’s compliance requirements
• Scanning files/expenses/bills/documents/letters
• Meeting and greeting clients who attend the office for face-to-face meetings and ID checks
• Answer the telephone
• Ad hoc printing
• Meeting organisation
• Preparing basic marketing materials using PowerPoint and Excel
• Document Production
• Liaising with couriers
• Franking Post and attending the Post Office
• Client event co-ordination
• Ordering stationary and other basic office supplies
• Monitoring and renewing supply contracts
• Ordering basic property searches
• Assisting with bill payments
• Basic inbox management
• Basic diary management
Job holder requirements
• You will hold at least five (A-C) passes at GCSE including English and Maths
• A-Levels (preferred)
• Other relevant professional qualifications (preferred)
• Minimum of 5 years working experience ideally in a law firm setting
• Excellent writing skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills
• Ability to confidently deal with demanding situations, people and requirements
• Strong document management skills
• Strong client service orientation
• Clear, concise communicator
• Positive, calm can do attitude
• Smartly dressed appropriately for client-facing office work
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft, PowerPoint, Excel, Word and online search tools
For the right candidate, training can be given to support the role. However, the entry level requirements must meet the majority of skills listed above.
• 28 days per annum inclusive of Bank Holidays
NO AGENCIES. DIRECT APPLICATIONS ONLY FROM CANDIDATES.
We will require two references from previous employers and evidence that you have the legal right to be based and work in the UK.